Tips On Selecting Your Technology Partner for A Better Website Traffic
It is a fact that setting up a website for your business is one of the best things you can do to improve your business. With millions of online users now relying on the internet for their various needs from communication, shopping, and even banking, having a web presence for your business will definitely provide numerous benefits for your business.
However, having a business website requires comprehensive planning to make sure that you have the best and most suitable website for your business with a good website traffic. It does not only involve a good web design and efficient web development services. You also need to make sure that you have trustworthy technology partners. Your technology partners may include your web-hosting provider and the domain registrar.
While developing your website, you need to think of a perfect name for your domain. Keyword analysis or web analytics can be very useful in this stage. Your domain name can have big impact on your page rank and local search visibility so it is essential to think of the best name for your domain.
Once you have come up with the most suitable domain name, the next step is to register your site to a domain registrar. There are a lot of domain registrars and costs of registration also vary from company to company so careful selection is important.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Your Domain Registrar
- Choose the domain registrar that is affiliated or accredited by the ICANN or the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.
- Make sure that they offer efficient customer service, which means they should offer a lot of communication options like emails, phones.
- They must also be available 24/7 especially for technical needs.
- Understand the whole contract. Make sure that you know what you are receiving from the amount you paid. Determine the duration of your contract and the price.
- And lastly, determine the policies of the domain registrar especially in terms of domain transfers in case you want to transfer to another registrar later on.
Another important component of setting up a blog site and e-commerce site for your business is the web hosting service. Some consultants recommend that online entrepreneur choose the web hosting company that offers both the hosting and domain registrar since these companies usually offer the domain registration for free. However, some users go against this suggestion because of bad experiences.
If both your hosting and domain registrar came from one provider, sometimes, transferring to another domain registrar can be a bit difficult and changing your web hosting company is much more difficult. This is probably because of the vested interest of the company preventing you to change providers which can result to a client loss for them.
Just like with your domain registrar, make sure also that the web hosting company offers efficient customer support. Look for the web hosting company with flexible services and functional control panel. To provide you with better business options and strategies, talk to us at Digital Warriors. Our professional and competitive consultants are capable of helping you grow your online venture.