Social Media APIs and Data Collection Strategies
Social Media APIs and data collection is very important to any digital marketer who understands the wealth of information that it can provide in order to help improve the ability of your business to thrive more competitively in the online marketing industry. An API refers to the application programming interface which is viewed by search engine optimization professionals as valuable in any SEO and marketing campaigns.
Social media platforms use APIs in order to allow the development of web applications that will be suited to its own programming structure for third parties to use and integrate its service features to their own websites. Through APIs, websites can share information seamlessly. If you are fond of using social media widgets to your website, the application uses API in order to connect your website to a particular social media network and make the exchange of information smoother and convenient through the apps.
A classic example in the use of APIs in social media marketing is the FriendShuffle which is an application that draws out tweets from the Twitter social network. The API is responsible in helping the application developer to create its own apps that will harmoniously work with Twitter’s own programming structure. Many social media networks have currently established their own APIs and digital marketers have been using them to harness the benefits of using social media APIs.
With many benefits that can be extracted from social media APIs, it has become a good social media marketing practice to ensure that your business is API friendly. The influence of the social media has become a game changer in the online marketing industry. Your brand promotion should include social media APIs strategy in order to reap maximum benefits from the social media influence to the consumers.
Your business needs social connection to the consumers
About 60% the consumers are engaged in online shopping and these groups of online consumers are very active in the social platforms. Your business has the ability to connect to your prospect customers by growing your social connections through social media marketing. You can pull out tweets, ask your customers to like your brand on Facebook, give them good reason to tweet about your latest product updates and promote your brand locally using Foursquare. You need social media APIs in order to use applications that will enhance social sharing of your brand and to keep your business connected to your customers through the social media networks.
Social media apps like widgets and share buttons will help encourage your viewers to share your brand to their own social connections. By doing so, you are able to expand and grow your brand popularity online and it helps you to improve your ability to maintain social connection of your business that helps promote brand loyalty and followers.
Pull out intelligent social media information through social media APIs
The social media has wealth of information available to an online marketer to use in enhancing their business marketing strategies. Big data collection is embedded within the social media and you can extract it using social media apps. APIs build a convenient programming environment between the application and a social media website to pull out and extract features that will be helpful to your social media marketing efforts.
- Pull out the best pins from Pinterest and re-pin it to your own profile. Using the Pinterest API that is used by the apps, it is now easy to do this in just a few clicks.
- Use the social media APIs like that of Twitter and Facebook to open the opportunities of keeping a tight watch on the consumer behaviour and preferences. Monitor how the social community resonates about your own products or that of your competitors.
- Collect and easily aggregrate social data to give your business the marketing advantage. Social APIs gives your social strategies a boost by providing an easy way to collect data from your competitors.
Social APIs helps your business to standout from the crowd
Almost all digital marketers are already using social media marketing as part of their online marketing schemes. In your effort to make your brand standout to the social media networks it is necessary how you approach your brand marketing in a way that it will not overload the consumers with options.
- Use social media apps as a tool in sifting through the most important posts, tweets and popular social mentions in the social community and then highlight them to your own brand to give your brand more value in enticing your prospect customer to take notice of your brand.
- Social APIs can deliver more targeted branding promotion to your business using the social media applications.
- Use social widgets to display your posts and updates regularly to give your online visibility a boost and make your brand more popular.
Social media API data collection strategies
Social networks offer free information that can help you enhance your social media marketing campaigns. Here are some of the social media API data collection strategies that you might find helpful to your own social marketing campaigns:
Google Plus APIs
Using the Google Plus relevance graph, a social marketer can increase his authorship popularity, relevancy and credibility to his audience and followers. Integrating the social media API using the Google +1 button to your posts will help give your authorship more value to the search engine that helps you gain better search ranking on Google search results page.
Using the LinkedIn APIs, you have the opportunity to build your own talent graph that will help increase your own network of social connections. You can create as much as 999 first degree connections to your LinkedIn profile and using LinkedIn social apps it is easy to grow your professional business brand and expertise using the LinkedIn APIs and to collect relevant information from people with similar expertise as yours.
Facebook social APIs
Facebook has the largest number of social community members giving its APIs a high value among social media marketers. Using the Facebook Like button you can integrate powerful social signals to your web page and at the same time view the most popular brands that receive the highest number of likes. With the like button pressed about 2.7 billion times a day by the Facebook social media fans, you have many data to work on with.
There are about 143,199 tweets generated each day on Twitter and using its API powered applications, tracking down the most popular tweets is easy. You can use apps that pull out the tweets with the highest number of re-tweets and get the information about what your target consumers like and prefer from a business like yours.
YouTube entertainment APIs
Using YouTube apps you can extract relevant videos that promote the same business as your niche. It is easier to track down what kind of video presentations your competitors are using in promoting their business brand and market.
Pinterest graphic APIs
Using the Pinterest APIs you can easily categorize pinboards and extract relevant information about the latest infographics from your competitors. By knowing which pins have the most number of re-pins from the social media community will give you significant data that will give an insight what the social media users find as enticing in terms of infographic strategies.
Are you unsure how the social media APIs can help in promoting your business online? Digital Warriors is here to help. We have a team of social media experts, search engine optimization professionals and web designers who can work in delivering more profitable social media marketing campaigns for your business.
- The Power Play of Utilizing Social Media APIs Software companies use an Application Programming Interface or API in order to introduce their programming instructions to third parties for better accessibility and integration of their programs to the company services. An API involves a software to software interface that…Read more ›...
- Data Collection Strategy to Expand Digital Marketing Insights Digital marketers need to optimize their marketing strategies in order to attain competitive advantage over their competitors. Data analytics begin with data collection, which is the pillar in helping a business to expand its digital marketing insights. The prevalent use…Read more ›...
- Analytics Strategies To Measure Social Signals Getting high quality traffic to your website is very important, especially when you are undertaking a digital marketing campaign. The social media platform has become a popular tool for helping websites in improving its search ranking and search engine optimization…Read more ›...